Apple Crumble Pie (V)
Also known as Dutch Apple Pie, if there's one pie type that will remind you of your childhood, it's this one!
A pie-lovers staple, this apple pie is made from a traditional recipe bursting with flavor. Using fresh cut Golden Delicious and Granny Smith Apples coated in butter and cinnamon, we load the filling to a flaky pie shell and top the pie with a homemade crumble. For the full apple-pie experience, make it a la mode by adding a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Note: This tart must be ordered min. 24 hours in advance of pick up at our Granville Island location.
Baking Instructions for Crumble Pies:
- For Fresh Raw Crumble Pies: Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then at 375 degrees for another 40 minutes or until golden brown
- For Frozen Raw Crumble Pies: Bake from Frozen, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown
Reheating Instructions for Crumble Pies:
For Baked Crumble Pies: Wrap the entire pie in aluminum foil with a little hole and bake at 250 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the middle of the pie is warm and the top crust is crispy.
Microwave an individual pie (without a foil pan) for 1 minute to warm it. Reheat a slice of pie for 15~25 seconds to warm it. For the best result, reheating the pie in an oven instead of a microwave is highly recommended.
Preserving Fresh Pies:
- Pies can be left in the box in a cool, dry place for up to 6 hours or refrigerated for up to three days.
- Pies wrapped in plastic wrap and foil inside a freezer bag can be frozen for up to two months.
- Crumble pies are best enjoyed the day of pick up. However, you can refrigerate cream pies for up to three days.
- If you have an event that you are planning for, you can order the pies ahead of time and store them safely in your freezer. The pie can then be baked as if freshly made.