Apple Crumble Pie (V)
Also known as Dutch Apple Pie, our Apple Crumble Pie is a pie-lover's staple. Perhaps the odd sister of our other apple pies, it is nonetheless just as delicious. We use fresh cut Golden Delicious and Granny Smith Apples coated in butter and sprinkled with cinnamon to create a lip-smacking filling. It is then all loaded into the pie shell and topped with a crumble. For the full apple pie experience, make it à la mode by adding a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Note: This pie needs to be ordered at least 24 hours in advance. It can be picked up at our Granville Island location.
Baking Instructions for Crumble Pies:
- For Fresh Raw Crumble Pies: Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then at 375 degrees for another 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- For Frozen Raw Crumble Pies: Bake from frozen at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Reheating Instructions for Crumble Pies:
- Oven: Wrap entire pie in aluminum foil with a little hole and bake at 250 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until in middle of pie is warmed and top crust or topping is crispy.
- Microwave: Microwave an individual pie (without a foil pan) for 1 minute to warm it. Reheat a slice of pie for 15-25 seconds to warm it. For best results, reheating the pie in the oven instead of the microwave is highly recommended.
- Pies can be left in the box in a cool, dry place for up to 6 hours or refrigerated for up to three days.
- Pies wrapped in plastic wrap and foil inside a freezer bag can be frozen for up to two months.
- Note that crumble pies are best enjoyed the day of pick up.