Apple Crumble Pie (V)
Also known as Dutch Apple Pie, our Apple Crumble Pie is a pie-lovers’ staple. We use fresh cut Golden Delicious, and Granny Smith Apples coated in butter and cinnamon to create a lip-smacking filling. The filling is loaded into a homemade gluten free pie shell and topped with a gluten free crumble. For the full apple-pie experience, make it a la mode by adding on a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Note: This pie needs to be ordered at least 24 hours in advance. It can be picked up at our Granville Island location.
Baking Instructions for Crumble Pies:
- For Fresh Raw Crumble Pies: Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then at 375 degrees for another 40 minutes or until golden brown
- For Frozen Raw Crumble Pies: Bake from Frozen, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown
Reheating Instructions for Crumble Pies:
- Oven: Wrap entire pie in aluminum foil with a little hole and bake at 250 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until in middle of pie is warmed and top crust or topping is crispy.
- Microwave: Microwave an individual pie (without a foil pan) for 1 minute to warm it. Reheat a slice of pie for 15-25 seconds to warm it. For best results, reheating the pie in the oven instead of the microwave is highly recommended.
- Pies can be left in the box in a cool, dry place for up to 6 hours or refrigerated for up to three days.
- Pies wrapped in plastic wrap and foil inside a freezer bag can be frozen for up to two months.
- Note that crumble pies are best enjoyed the day of pick up.